Here are some of the reasons why you should start using Microsoft’s Bing search instead of Google:
- Bing search results have better quality. That’s because Google tends to sacrifice their own organic results’ quality for the sake of including their own properties and squeezing out smaller publishers.
- Bing is more SEO friendly and even has community blogs and forums. Duane Forrester, the public relations guy, from Bing’s Webmaster Program is a former SEO and often writes useful blog posts for webmasters.
- Microsoft is less evil company than Google. From infamous Adwords ban to small advertisers to destroying business by randomizing search results. Google has done it all for the sake of quick buck.
In Google’s defense I should mention that it still indexes pages faster and you can find more content if you need a deeper search. But for everyday search Bing is good enough 99% of the time. I encourage you to try Bing instead of Google and maybe you will like it more.
Did you know that Microsoft offers a Bing Desktop app for Windows? It is a cool application that uses Bing’s homepage image as your desktop wallpaper. This way you can get a cool desktop wallpaper everyday. Additionally, it provides easy access to Bing search, top stories, images and videos. You can find it at http://www.bing.com/explore/desktop.
Before buying any product, remember:
- Never spend money you cannot afford to lose.
- Never use borrowed money.
- Do not believe that you can get rich overnight.
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.